A free drop-in session with Time Team archaeological conservator Dana Goodburn-Brown and ceramic conservator Sebastian Foxley.
• get advice on simple cleaning methods to preserve and display
• see the range of safe materials to protect finds and reduce decay
• watch how the specialist conservator uncovers hidden designs,analyses traces and fragments, and reconstructs original uses.
• look under the microscope at remains of a Saxon warrior’s sword
SATURDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2004 : 11 AM – 2.30 PM : FREE
• Bring along your finds for expert identification and recording by Dr Andrew Richardson of the Portable Antiquities Scheme and hear how you may qualify for rewards under the Treasure law.
Especially useful for metal-detectorists, beach-combers, and chance finders
of heritage items from attics and gardens. Note no valuations can be given.
Museum of Canterbury, Stour Street, Canterbury
Information is correct at time of printing but circumstances may bring unavoidable change.
Please check before making special journeys 01227 475202